Chore Charts

on Monday, September 23, 2013.


Did you grow up doing chores? I grew up doing chores when I came home from school everyday and then bigger chores every Saturday morning. I dreaded chores as a kid but now, looking back as a mommy, I recognize how those dreaded chores taught me how to keep a house and take care of my things.

Having toddlers in the house, they aren't quite at a point psychologically to dread chores. In fact, they really enjoy them and I think it makes them feel like "big kids" as they become proud of small accomplishments.


Hence, the chore chart I came up with. It's simple, it's made with chalkboard paint (love) and the chores are illustrated visually because my little kiddos can't read yet!

Here's what you need:
 
a pack of wooded door handle charts (found mine at Walmart)
chalkboard paint or chalkboard spray paint
chalk
clothes pins
contact paper
 
Here's what to do!
 
Paint the door handle charts front and back with chalkboard paint.
Let dry.
Rub the charts with chalk and wipe off with a clean, dry rag.
I used Microsoft Word to find little pictures to illustrate the chores and then I printed them out on cardstock.
Use contact paper for the front and back of the label paper and then cut the labels out.
Hot glue the labels on the clothes pins.
Get to doing chores!!
 
Need some ideas for Toddler Chores?
Make bed
Brush teeth
Put clothes on
Go potty
Clean toys
Water plants
Empty bathroom trashcan
Fold washcloths
 
 


No Responses to Chore Charts

Leave a Reply